Weight lifting could be done by most people-including women and children.This is why it’s a good idea to add weight lifting equipment to your home gym for everyone in the family to use.
And no-weight lifting is not just for bulking up. It can also tone the muscles without adding bulk and improve overall health. It has been proven to reduce weight, improve bone density and combat depression. It can also help you with bodily ailments such as back pain, diabetes, and excessive fat.
Studies show that the more muscle mass you have, the less chances of dying too early. The increased strength in muscles, tendons and such can also decrease risk of injury during accidents. Surprisingly, weight lifting also helps those with sleeping problems as it improves quality of sleep.
You can also burn more calories in weight lifting than other sports and workouts. It is also ideal for busy people. Complete workouts can be done under thirty minutes and at home to maximise time and energy. Overall, weightlifting does not only make you healthier but happier as well.
That said, you must take note of a few things before you decide to add weight lifting to your pre-existing workout routine. Even if you already workout regularly and this is not your first foray into exercising, weight lifting can be dangerous when not done properly. You must start slowly and gradually add weights over time. Start with single sets first. Always have a spotter with you as you exercise. This is especially important when it comes to weight lifting, as lifting heavy weights can be fatal when done incorrectly. After weight lifting, take at least two days to rest for the trained muscle groups to recover. Remember that too much of anything is not good for the body, even exercise. Listen to your body when working out. If it feels a little too strained, then it might be time to rest.
Blog Source URL: https://www.mifitness.co.za/switch-workouts-adding-weight-lifting-equipment-home-gym/
“Health is wealth” the age old adage, can never be more relevant than now. The average person is more aware of the benefits of exercising and staying fit, and it is evident in the increased gym subscriptions over the recent times.
Benefits of being fit and healthy are innumerous.
- First, one must aim at being fit and healthy rather than just appearing slim. This, not only helps battle diseases and keeps them at bay, but it also makes the person feel good from the inside. Exercise is a wonderful stress buster too, so it is a win-win.
- Being fit and exercising makes the person happy. There is scientific evidence to this effect. Exercising releases endorphins in the body which is also called the happy hormone.
- Being fit and healthy makes a person instantly confident. The person no more remains conscious of the way they look, they feel fabulous in any attire and confidence radiates from within.
While there are other methods to stay fit, using fitness equipment is the best of all. Here’s why:
- Freedom of choice– the person can choose from a variety of exercises at the same place. Whether the goals are to lose weight, tone or gain muscle, everyone can find something at a gym. It becomes an easy lifestyle choice as the gym is flexible to the needs of an individual.
- Professional help – the person using gym for fitness gets the advantage of being assisted by a personal trainer. They are guided by the trainer in every step so results can be achieved more efficiently.
- Group exercise– when the person signs up for group exercises at the gym like spinning, it not only is a motivating factor, but also creates a socializing environment. This environment might be very encouraging for some people helping them to stay committed.
- Accountability – when a person trains with a fitness instructor or a friend at a gym, they are accountable to the other person and that makes for a commitment. This will help to reach their goal without giving up.
- Focus on goals– for some, losing weight would be the priority, for some building muscle would be the priority. Due to specialized weight training or cardio equipment available at the gym, one can focus on their need and achieve their fitness goals easily without wasting time and energy.
The pursuit of fitness is a lifetime process that needs to be consistent and gyms are the way to go for long term goals and maintaining a fit body.
Blog Source URL: https://www.mifitness.co.za/stay-healthy-attractive-lifestyle-fitness-equipment/