With so much going on in our busy lives, there seem to be no time to fit in all our activities—and much less time for squeezing in a workout. Doing short focused routines is a great way to fit in some exercise into your tight schedule. Here are a few mini workouts you can try.
- Do a quick warm-up. Run in place, do some high knee stretches, butt kicks and jumping jacks. Give each routine about 30 seconds. It does not take much to get your heart pumping. The idea is just to keep you from starting up cold before the actual workout.
- If you have access to some equipment, put them to good use. Do some lifting and curls with a set of dumbbells on a bench press. Free weight exercise can also be used for some strength training.
- A treadmill can give you a full body workout. Try to run for about 10 minutes and more if time permits. This is great for those who do not have the luxury of running outdoors. You could also run no matter the weather with an indoor setup.
- If you have a cardio rowing machine, you can use it for a good lower body workout. Use the rowing machine and repeat as wanted. Be sure to rest for a minute or so between intervals.
- A stationary bike can also provide good cardio and upper body exercise.Most modern stationary bikes adjust tension as you pedal harder, so the workout intensity depends on you.
The key is to get back to the basics. If you do not have the equipment on hand, you can always go back to the simple exercises such as stretching, pushups, sit-ups, lunges, and squats can be done. With enough repetitions and the proper movements, they can be effective and provide enough of a workout, even on a busy schedule.
Blog Source URL: https://www.mifitness.co.za/five-mini-workouts-try-home/
Putting together a home gym can be a daunting task, but it does not have to be too complicated. And the rewards would also be worth it in terms of convenience. Here are a few things to consider for putting together your very own setup.
A basic setup does not have to include big, fancy machinery especially if you have limited space. Get home gym equipment that are small and compact. First off, you need to figure out and allocate some space in your home. It could be any room in the house or in the garage or attic. The thing to remember is that it should be open, with no obstructions for free movement. There should also be ample headroom, lighting and ventilation. The area would be totally dependent on what equipment you intend to bring in and how much you are willing to invest in your new home gym. Here are a few must haves if you are just starting out:
- For cardio, it is nice to have at least a basic treadmill. Running is a full body workout and having one available at home lets you run no matter what the weather is. A stationary bike is also a good investment.
- A good bench press is also ideal. Pick out a nice one with adjustable positions to allow you a variety of exercise positions. Paired with a good set of free weights, you could get a full routine of strength training exercises for this piece of equipment. Home gym equipment manufacturers now produce dumbbells with adjustable weight plates. This is a nice space saver and occupies much less storage that individual weights.
- Pull up bars can be mounted above doorways keeping it from being an obstruction. They are affordable and compact, making them perfect for home gyms.
Blog Source URL: https://www.mifitness.co.za/fitness-technology-gym-equipments-best-fitted-home/
Treadmills are among the bestselling fitness equipment in the world, and it’s easy to see why. They make running and walking much more convenient for people who prefer to work out indoors in the privacy of their homes or in the comforts of a well-appointed gym. There are many advantages to doing treadmill workouts, including the following:
Easy to Use
If you have trouble running on pavement or are worried about walking on uneven terrain, a treadmill can give you a flat and predictable surface that you will surely appreciate. Treadmills are also easy to use. You can even watch your favorite TV shows while doing your treadmill workouts. The pace of treadmill can be set to match your fitness goals. Simply change it up to add variety to your workout.
Treadmill workouts help you stick to your running schedule even when it’s too cold or too hot to run outside. Don’t let the rain stop you from clocking in those miles; after all, you can always use the treadmill.
Treadmills are designed to help you track your progress. Most models come built in with digital monitors that show important stats such as distance, heart rate, time, and calories burned. More advanced models can save the stats of multiple users. With a treadmill workout, you can see how exactly much you’ve progressed over time so you can focus on your weight loss goal.
Treadmill workouts give you a great cardiovascular workout and can help improve the health of your heart, thereby lowering blood pressure. Regularly running or walking on a treadmill also strengthens the muscles of your legs and can even help improve your balance. To burn more calories on a treadmill, use the incline feature.
Blog Source URL: https://www.mifitness.co.za/4-reasons-makes-treadmills-best-option-workouts/