With so much going on in our busy lives, there seem to be no time to fit in all our activities—and much less time for squeezing in a workout. Doing short focused routines is a great way to fit in some exercise into your tight schedule. Here are a few mini workouts you can try.
- Do a quick warm-up. Run in place, do some high knee stretches, butt kicks and jumping jacks. Give each routine about 30 seconds. It does not take much to get your heart pumping. The idea is just to keep you from starting up cold before the actual workout.
- If you have access to some equipment, put them to good use. Do some lifting and curls with a set of dumbbells on a bench press. Free weight exercise can also be used for some strength training.
- A treadmill can give you a full body workout. Try to run for about 10 minutes and more if time permits. This is great for those who do not have the luxury of running outdoors. You could also run no matter the weather with an indoor setup.
- If you have a cardio rowing machine, you can use it for a good lower body workout. Use the rowing machine and repeat as wanted. Be sure to rest for a minute or so between intervals.
- A stationary bike can also provide good cardio and upper body exercise.Most modern stationary bikes adjust tension as you pedal harder, so the workout intensity depends on you.
The key is to get back to the basics. If you do not have the equipment on hand, you can always go back to the simple exercises such as stretching, pushups, sit-ups, lunges, and squats can be done. With enough repetitions and the proper movements, they can be effective and provide enough of a workout, even on a busy schedule.
Blog Source URL: https://www.mifitness.co.za/five-mini-workouts-try-home/
Putting together a home gym can be a daunting task, but it does not have to be too complicated. And the rewards would also be worth it in terms of convenience. Here are a few things to consider for putting together your very own setup.
A basic setup does not have to include big, fancy machinery especially if you have limited space. Get home gym equipment that are small and compact. First off, you need to figure out and allocate some space in your home. It could be any room in the house or in the garage or attic. The thing to remember is that it should be open, with no obstructions for free movement. There should also be ample headroom, lighting and ventilation. The area would be totally dependent on what equipment you intend to bring in and how much you are willing to invest in your new home gym. Here are a few must haves if you are just starting out:
- For cardio, it is nice to have at least a basic treadmill. Running is a full body workout and having one available at home lets you run no matter what the weather is. A stationary bike is also a good investment.
- A good bench press is also ideal. Pick out a nice one with adjustable positions to allow you a variety of exercise positions. Paired with a good set of free weights, you could get a full routine of strength training exercises for this piece of equipment. Home gym equipment manufacturers now produce dumbbells with adjustable weight plates. This is a nice space saver and occupies much less storage that individual weights.
- Pull up bars can be mounted above doorways keeping it from being an obstruction. They are affordable and compact, making them perfect for home gyms.
Blog Source URL: https://www.mifitness.co.za/fitness-technology-gym-equipments-best-fitted-home/
Weight lifting could be done by most people-including women and children.This is why it’s a good idea to add weight lifting equipment to your home gym for everyone in the family to use.
And no-weight lifting is not just for bulking up. It can also tone the muscles without adding bulk and improve overall health. It has been proven to reduce weight, improve bone density and combat depression. It can also help you with bodily ailments such as back pain, diabetes, and excessive fat.
Studies show that the more muscle mass you have, the less chances of dying too early. The increased strength in muscles, tendons and such can also decrease risk of injury during accidents. Surprisingly, weight lifting also helps those with sleeping problems as it improves quality of sleep.
You can also burn more calories in weight lifting than other sports and workouts. It is also ideal for busy people. Complete workouts can be done under thirty minutes and at home to maximise time and energy. Overall, weightlifting does not only make you healthier but happier as well.
That said, you must take note of a few things before you decide to add weight lifting to your pre-existing workout routine. Even if you already workout regularly and this is not your first foray into exercising, weight lifting can be dangerous when not done properly. You must start slowly and gradually add weights over time. Start with single sets first. Always have a spotter with you as you exercise. This is especially important when it comes to weight lifting, as lifting heavy weights can be fatal when done incorrectly. After weight lifting, take at least two days to rest for the trained muscle groups to recover. Remember that too much of anything is not good for the body, even exercise. Listen to your body when working out. If it feels a little too strained, then it might be time to rest.
Blog Source URL: https://www.mifitness.co.za/switch-workouts-adding-weight-lifting-equipment-home-gym/