There are gyms everywhere now, but if you don’t have the time to go to them or if gym memberships are ridiculously high, you might want to consider buying your own home gym equipment so you can work out any time you wish. While fitness equipment isn’t really gender-specific, there is still some gym equipment that are more suitable for the average female physique. But before moving on to the top home gym equipment for women, it is first important to know the things that you have to keep in mind when choosing your equipment. You must consider your budget, fitness goals, and you will need to determine whether you want a strengthening, aerobic, sport-specific, or balance workout. It is ideal to go for gym equipment that’s multi-purpose. You should also consider equipment that is less complicated to assemble if you are not mechanically inclined.
You may have encountered certain machineries that claim to flatten your belly or shrink thighs. While their claims are promising, it is best to avoid these types of equipment because spot reduction is really just a myth. When it comes to machines, you might want to stick with the popular ones, such as the treadmill. But if you want something else, you can go for an elliptical machine, stationary bike, or a rowing machine. All of these machines help you get a cardio workout, which is essential to losing weight.
If your fitness goal is to tone up, you will need to use weights. Dumbbells are great for basic moves, but if you want a more explosive strengthening workout, then you should probably use kettle bells. Aside from dumbbells and kettle bells, other tools that you can use to tone your muscles are wrist and ankle weight, exercise balls, and medicine balls.
Your home gym equipment does not have to be expensive to be effective. You just have to find the right types and purchase them from reputable suppliers.
Blog Source URL: https://www.mifitness.co.za/best-workout-routine-women-home/
Building a gym at your own home can offer you a lot of benefits. For instance, you will be able to control exactly how your workouts will be. You can choose your own equipment; play the music that you like, and you even decorate your home gym to suite your preferences. There are no membership fees to pay and you can train and workout at any time of the day. Having a home gym is also cost-efficient because you will not have to spend on commutes, and you can practically use your equipment for the rest of your life, as long as you purchase them from reputable gym equipment suppliers.
When building your home gym, there are a number of things that you have to consider, such as your gym’s location. Your gym room can be anything you wish – garage, basement, back yard – but as much as possible, choose a location that has enough ventilation. You may simply leave a window or your door open, but if it’s not possible, you might want to install a ceiling fan or wall fan. It’s also best to protect your floor by buying gym flooring (if you have extra money to spend), or by simply using a layer of plywood and heavy floor covering.
Once you have prepared the location for your home gym, you can then already purchase equipment. You don’t have to buy every piece of equipment there is just to have an effective home gym. As a matter of fact, some of the best home gym equipment are affordable and quite small. For starters, you can purchase foam rollers, jump ropes, and a set of dumbbells with adjustable weight. If you want to buy machineries, go ahead. But make sure to get them from reliable gym equipment suppliers.
Once you’ve set up your gym’s location and bought the essentials that you need for your workouts, the last and most important step is to actually use your gym. Your home gym will only be effective if you work out regularly!
Blog Source URL: https://www.mifitness.co.za/ultimate-guide-building-home-gym/
“Health is wealth” the age old adage, can never be more relevant than now. The average person is more aware of the benefits of exercising and staying fit, and it is evident in the increased gym subscriptions over the recent times.
Benefits of being fit and healthy are innumerous.
- First, one must aim at being fit and healthy rather than just appearing slim. This, not only helps battle diseases and keeps them at bay, but it also makes the person feel good from the inside. Exercise is a wonderful stress buster too, so it is a win-win.
- Being fit and exercising makes the person happy. There is scientific evidence to this effect. Exercising releases endorphins in the body which is also called the happy hormone.
- Being fit and healthy makes a person instantly confident. The person no more remains conscious of the way they look, they feel fabulous in any attire and confidence radiates from within.
While there are other methods to stay fit, using fitness equipment is the best of all. Here’s why:
- Freedom of choice– the person can choose from a variety of exercises at the same place. Whether the goals are to lose weight, tone or gain muscle, everyone can find something at a gym. It becomes an easy lifestyle choice as the gym is flexible to the needs of an individual.
- Professional help – the person using gym for fitness gets the advantage of being assisted by a personal trainer. They are guided by the trainer in every step so results can be achieved more efficiently.
- Group exercise– when the person signs up for group exercises at the gym like spinning, it not only is a motivating factor, but also creates a socializing environment. This environment might be very encouraging for some people helping them to stay committed.
- Accountability – when a person trains with a fitness instructor or a friend at a gym, they are accountable to the other person and that makes for a commitment. This will help to reach their goal without giving up.
- Focus on goals– for some, losing weight would be the priority, for some building muscle would be the priority. Due to specialized weight training or cardio equipment available at the gym, one can focus on their need and achieve their fitness goals easily without wasting time and energy.
The pursuit of fitness is a lifetime process that needs to be consistent and gyms are the way to go for long term goals and maintaining a fit body.
Blog Source URL: https://www.mifitness.co.za/stay-healthy-attractive-lifestyle-fitness-equipment/